The Hudsucker is made up of a diverse group of writers, all with a commonality of love–in its purest form–for writing and all its various styles. We’re extremely appreciative and grateful to all of our wonderful readers and while we feature our own writers and their articles, we would like to extend an invitation to our readers, and other established writers and bloggers the chance to get more involved with our vision.
We are proud to introduce the Guest Writers feature! If you would like to contribute a guest post on The Hudsucker, be sure to email The Hudsucker at email@example.com with ALL of the following information and our team of editors will review it. If any of the following information that we require is missing, we will not be contacting you for the rest of it and your application will be disregarded.
What We Need From You:
- Your article, which must be completely edited and proofread. If there are spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, simply put, you will not be chosen;
- A short bio of yourself in third person narrative;
- A head-shot of yourself (must be high-quality);
- And your social networks;
- The site/blog you currently own and write at (not a site/blog where you have guest written at).
All content must be included in the body of the email and not as an attachment.
With our aim being the conversation starters at a party, we will NOT accept anything regarding politics or religion. Articles that are sent to us must be something you would find in a magazine and not be too much of a blog entry into your personal life. Please see past guest writers for style.
Rules for Submissions:
- If you are submitting, make sure the work is original, you own the copyrights of the content, and it has not been published elsewhere;
- The content must not contain defamatory, obscene, abusive, pornographic, libelous, threatening, harassing, or similarly unlawful materials;
- Submissions are NOT PAID;
- We do not accept anonymous submissions;
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit the content or remove the content from The Hudsucker;
- You warrant to us that you are 18 years of age or older, and have provided your real name, email address, social networks, photograph, and biography;
- By submitting, you acknowledge that there is no partnership, employment or joint venture or any other relationship between you and The Hudsucker.
We may not be able to respond to every e-mail personally, but we will definitely get in touch with those our editors enjoy reading and feel are a good fit for The Hudsucker.
Make sure to keep your work light and fresh, and definitely peruse the site to see if you’re a good fit. Please do not submit your article to any other site during the two week waiting period. If you don’t hear back from us within two weeks, kindly assume that it wasn’t possible for us to publish your work.
Thank you and good luck!